We believe that all young people, including the most marginalized and disadvantaged, can unlock their potential and build a bold future through education, entrepreneurship and employment.
Our Youth Program will expose minority youth to financial literacy, entrepreneurship and college planning resources.
YOUTH PROGRAM SCHEDULE:
9:30 – 10:00 am: Registration
10:00 – 11:30 am: Youth Session 1
- Utilize skills, interests, and identified problems to generate business idea.
- Generate focus group questions about business idea to ask peers.
- Analyze peer feedback to develop best possible business idea.
- Transform their business idea into a physical representation.
- Deliver their business idea pitches in front of the group.
12 noon – 1:45 pm: Luncheon
2:15 – 3:15 pm: Youth Session 2
This workshop is designed for both Parent and Child to attend.
Pt. 1: Saving and Setting Personal Finance Goals:
This workshop teaches parents and their children budgeting and saving account basics, how to set personal financial goals and learn how to stick with them. The workbook also includes a Sample Budget Worksheet so individuals can plug in their personal expenses and discover areas to cut back on spending and save money.
Pt. 2: Exploring the ways credit plays a role in your life. In this module, participants will learn what a FICO score is, how to establish a solid credit history, what to do when good credit turns bad and how to avoid identity theft.
3:30 – 4:30 pm: Youth Session 3
- Preparing to apply for Scholarships
- Requesting College & Scholarship Recommendations
- Building Student Portfolio for Scholarship Award
- Organizational tools for success with Scholarship Application
- Identifying scholarships that target the student’s qualities to ensure success